Sunday 15 January 2012

Aberystwyth notes 2

Extract from video of Interview:
Noyale to Rebecca

N:
Describe your online profile
R
Incomplete...not sure...unnecessary...big online presence...traces....records...images...reviews...where I live...my age...how I look like...private...I delete past...I like it....make contact....Japan....immediate sense of what is happening...carefully edited...nostalgic...remembering....try to delete myself...I hate
N
Describe your physical profile
R
Flesh...small....4''11...slimish but not thin...well proportioned...white...pale...curly...structures...pointy nose...dependable....sharp bones structures....changeable weight...7 stones...small physical presence...invisible....I feel quite big...quite loud...the loudness of my family...I talk too much...I like everyone at peace together at peace...I am artist....writer...researcher...wife...partner...daughter...future mother...a dancer...an actor...a thinker...a reader...a gardener....a philosopher...a vegan activist....I like the sea....I like to seat in cafes...I am 31....I was ill...traces of medical records.
N
Describe your homepage
R
Simple...different sections...under construction...unfinished...finished...gallery and about me...waiting to see what I want to say about myself...chronological...dark and bright...some images missing...
N
Describe your home
R walks through the imaginary parents home and marriage home
marriage home....gran-ma's table...myself as a child...4 pm winter light...curtain...small place...800 books...big sea view...irritation...damp...dirty floor...smells of gran-ma
Parent's home...pyjama...small 1930's...lots of memories...pictures of me as a child...dark...usually someone else...history repeated...garden..

We have then discussed the notion of displacement and territeriolisation in regard to not being able to print yourself in the space - this is related to the three space we have worked in PAF (france), New Cross studio and Aber I would also add Middlesex campus as well.
The future/past self of the online identity as a projection of the self but in the same time software like twitter are suppose to be about sharing immediacy - twitting someone about present  to 1000 of people at once - multiplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment